Monday, January 23, 2012

Kynlee Rae Felderhoff

Our sweet baby girl has finally made her arrival!! God is so incredibly amazing!
 Born: December 31, 2011
Time: 2:08pm
Weight: 7lbs 20z
Length: 20 inches


The adventure all began the day of Dec. 30th, 2011. I had an OB appointment at 1pm that day to check on the progress and discuss our options for delivery. We all decided that based on the results of my exam we would be inducing that night. So many things were going through my mind at the moment, "Is this really going to happen..We are going to be parents.. I'm excited, nervous, anxious oh so many emotions....Anyways we made our decision and we were sticking with it. Eric and I left the office and began to plan out the rest of our evening. Seeing how we only had a couple hours to get our things together we decided we would go to Target, get some food and watch a movie..Yes a movie (Warrior-action of course..really good) we had 6hrs to kill before we had to be back at the hospital. So knowing that this is gonna be the last night we will be just "Eric and Melissa" we had a little date night at home!

The time had come and it was 8pm time to go to the hospital! We were both quite anxious, not knowing what the night was gonna entail. We arrived at the hospital along with Eric's parents (Mark & Terrye) and my mom and sister (who had been waiting in L&D waiting room since oh 7:30pm totally beat us there..my mom was really excited!) Anyways we were placed in our room which was filled with decorations that some of the nurses put up.Terrye works at Denton Regional and all the nurses were counting down the days till we came in..Everyone was so sweet!!) 

After we got settled and I got hooked up to the monitor we decided to try and "relax"..knowing it was gonna be a long night/day. They began the induction process by giving me a medication called, Cytotec..now they warned us about the possibility of it causing the baby to decel (drop in heart rate) due to the intensity of the contraction..and not to freak out if the nurse comes running in and starts moving me around to stimulate the baby. Ummm lets just say 15-30minutes later after receiving the medications the nurse comes running in telling me to flip from side to side..oxygen in slapped on me. shot is given in reverse the medication...Umm I was freaking out not gonna lie!! I was trying really hard to remain as calm as possible and focus on breathing for my baby's sake..I know they had warned us about this but Man it was scary..So they decided to not give me another dose of that medication and to wait a couple hours and then start me on a low dose of Pitocin at 2am. So come 2am they started me on the Pitocin..about an hr later the same thing happened again..except this time baby and uterus didn't want to cooperate.. Baby had about a 8minute decel and the nurse paged the Dr. and they were fixing to wheel me back for an Emergency C-section..All I could do at that point was PRAY!! I was so scared!! Then as soon as the Dr. walks in poof..heart rate goes back up!! Thank you JESUS!! By this point we were extremely nervous and exhausted..Eric and I just sat there and prayed for a safe delivery and healthy baby. I ended up having another decel later that morning but it wasn't extreme..My uterus is apparently very sensitive to any type of induction medication..I was only on 3-4units of Pitocin  and normally it can be increased it to about 40units. Later that morning I received my epidural and WOW what a difference that made!!! I felt so much more relaxed and pain free!! I tip my hat to those who labor without one..No way could I have done that.. More family members had began to arrive and the count down was on..


 At 1:30pm Dr. Finger came in the check on me and I knew I was getting really close and I was right I was 10cm and we were ready to start pushing..At 1:42pm the process began.. By 2:08pm Our world had changed and we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl!!
We were speechless & in awe of this beautiful miracle that was placed in our arms!! God is so amazing and we are so blessed that he had chosen us to be parents!

We were soon transferred to the Post-partum room..We thought we would only stay for 1 night but we ended up having to stay 2 nights..We were so ready to come home but Kynlee's bili level was elevated a little and needed to be watched. They also discovered a heart murmur that had to be evaluated..So I'm glad  we all decided to stay an extra day. The echo showed that she has a small-moderate VSD which should close up on it's own around 6-9months of life..She will be followed up by a cardiologist until then..

Jan 2, 2012 at 4pm..We got cleared to go home!! YAY..Bags were packed, car loaded up..baby dressed and securely placed in the carseat..Home Sweet Home her we come!!




P.S.
I have to brag on all the nurses and staff of Denton Regional that were involved in our care! They were all phenomenal and we were treated with so much respect! They definitely went above and beyond in their practice! We were so amazed and thankful for all the help we received.

Thank you to everyone's prayers and support! Kynlee is a beautiful, healthy little girl and we couldn't ask for more!

1 comments:

Kathy

God's Miracle of Life is amazing. She is a Gift truly sent from God and we all love her so much and pray that she grows strong in her health and faith!!

Post a Comment